Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Easy and Delicious Christmas Cobblers from Lucky Leaf




It isn't really Christmas until we break out the warm deliciousness of a good cobbler from our friends at Lucky Leaf! Am I right? Well, this year is no exception! 

Remember last December when I got to share this ridiculously delicious Wise Woman Apple Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe from my friends who make the remarkable fruit fillings-o-happiness at Lucky Leaf?

I got another amazing and exciting package from my darlings there. They've been really nice to send me some complimentary samples and allow me to review their recipes and products over the years.  If you've never heard of them, you can find their recipes and ads in these major magazines!
The recipe for the Amaretto Peach Cobbler was outstanding! We ended up making it in personal sized cobblers for easy service at our breakfast buffet.
As always, the filling was full of big chunks of fruit all the way to the top of the can! Sometimes I wonder if they sit at the factory trying to figure out how they can get more fruit in the cans each time. I've never been disappointed! It always tastes fresh and divine!


Ingredients
2 21-ounce cans LUCKY LEAF® Premium Peach Pie Filling
½ cup amaretto (or non-alcohoic alternative)
117.5-ounce package sugar cookie mix I used my Homemade buttermilk cookie mix
1cup almonds, sliced (we used toasted walnut chunks)
½cup butter, cubed

Instructions
Spread pie filling into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish; drizzle with amaretto. Sprinkle cookie mix and almonds over top; dot with butter.Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.Serve warm.
Chef Tess note: For personal-sized, divide between 7 1 cup ramekins or baking dishes. 

I used my Homemade buttermilk cookie mix with 1/2 tsp LorAnn English Toffee flavored oil with my mix along with the amaretto. It gave just the right amount

Top with butter according to the recipe directions
Note to self: Has there ever in the history of history been t a time when topping with butter wasn't going to end in delicious? --Um...no. Even snails taste better with butter. Now imagine topping something that is actually good on it's own...with butter...just saying. 
 Bake. 
Aaamazing.  My husband ate 3 of the personal sized cobblers. Don't ask me why I bother making anything personal size around with him. He's such a dork-face. I love him. I really do...ugh. 


 I was impressed enough with that simple amaretto recipe that I didn't stop. I decided to also try their Cherry Kuchen  recipe too! I added some dark chocolate chips for a devilish dessert delight!
Ingredients
121-ounce can LUCKY LEAF® Regular or Premium Cherry Pie Filling
¼cup butter or margarine
½cup sugar
1egg
1 ½cups flour, sifted
2 ½teaspoons baking powder
½cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup dark chocolate chips optional
1 cup toasted walnuts (optional)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F.Sift dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Combine egg, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Add Chocolate chips. 
 Note to self: Is there any recipe in the world that isn't made better by "adding chocolate chips"?


Pour pie filling into greased 7x11-inch glass baking dish (2 quart).  Gasp at how many cherries there are in the filling. That's just a Lucky Leaf tradition. I love them. Have I mentioned that before?

Cover with batter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 25 minutes. 

We have a freakin' winner!! Daggumit I love this stuff! 
As always, I have really enjoyed these simple holiday recipes from my darlings at Lucky Leaf! 

There you go! Make some beautiful cobbler!


Always My Very Best,
Your Friend Chef Tess


No comments: